To edit 4,400 words
It’s always a big pleasure and fortune to work with true professionals. Once upon a time I had a fairly big project for Duolingo and Michael Schwengel, who undoubtedly is true Professional in his area and a very pleasant person. It was very exciting and challenging project. Brief statistics and facts:
- 4,400 single words and phrases to be edited and mastered (the most funny part was «Fake words»… a lot of fun);
- over 10,000 editing points were used;
- 28 hrs tracked;
- main editing software — Reaper (editing and mastering);
- auxiliary editing software — iZotope RX6 (mainly Mouth De-Clicking tool and occasionally De-Plosive);
- mastering processor — iZotope Ozone 7.
Michael sent to me the raw files (recorded in his home studio and not sliced) that had to be:
- processed by Mouth De-Clicker;
- mastered (mainly normalized);
- and proof listened and matched to reference spreadsheet.
Probably the most challenging part was proof reading/listening, because you had to attentively listen to freaking huge amount of files and make sure they were each in its own place.
At the same time, technical part of the project (actually, slicing and editing out) was easily and completely done with awesome Reaper (thanks to its Auto Trim/Split tool which saved a lot of time). There’s a screen shot in the head of the post — that’s how the project looked like.
What’s the main lesson learned?
If you need an advice or assessment, or you want me to prepare your audiobook for publishing, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
And always work with those you want to hug ツ